Which is the better Brinsea deal?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thespinningcottage, Aug 31, 2009.

1. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    I have a chance to buy a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco AND turner accessory for $163 shipped. Also, the Mini-Advance is on sale right now for $119 - less money but fewer eggs. Since this will be used in the classroom and I probably wouldn't do more than a dozen eggs with the kids anyway even if I had the bigger one, I was thinking of spending less money.... BUT [​IMG] there would be more room for the chicks to move around if there was an early or late hatch over a weekend. I work 45 min. from my school and don't have a gate or building key, only my classroom key so there would be a chance the babies would be all alone until Monday a.m. In your opinion, should I spend more money and have more room for eggs and chicks, or spend less and be forced to do fewer eggs?? Money is a slight issue as I will be receiving a small amount of funding, but I know I shouldn't spend it all on this project. What to do, what to do!

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Spend more money, hatch more eggs. I believe incubating eggs is proven to be extremely addictive.

3. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    I got the bigger one! I'm very excited. Lots of teachers at school will be standing in line to bring their classes through when we get underway! [​IMG]

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You'll have to tell us how well it works!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by