Which is the strongest egg candler?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WisconsinChick, May 5, 2008.

1. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I was wondering if anyone had a candler that you can candle darker brown eggs with. As far as homemade ones I havent had much luck. Thank you.[​IMG]

2. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    I use an old slide projector with a black foam rubber gasket at the front of the lens. Intense light with no heat. It works great for me.
    db

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I like my surefire 6p with an LED lamp. Can candle in the turner and get though green eggs pretty well. Lights up white eggs like a night light. A bit pricey though. Example pics can be found if you search "surefire 6p"

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I use this. It is my DH's Milwaukee work light-18 volt and cordless. Leaves hands free to work with eggs!

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
  6. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    I'm new at this, but I just used my son's view master projector. It had the best light in the house! LOL the flashlights didn't show as much.

Louella

7. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I use a million candle power spotlight with a terracotta flower pot upside down on top of it. Focuses the light wonderfully and keeps the eggs away from the heat.

8. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by