Which is which guinea?

Fcarter

Songster
6 Years
Apr 11, 2017
My guineas are finally old enough to free range. My question might be ridiculous but how do let one out at a time over a few days for training and know the difference? I don't want to keep letting the same one out each day. It will be hard enough letting just one out without the whole group out. Thanks.

My guineas are finally old enough to free range. My question might be ridiculous but how do let one out at a time over a few days for training and know the difference? I don't want to keep letting the same one out each day. It will be hard enough letting just one out without the whole group out. Thanks.
You could try putting a leg band on one of them, if you have any.
If you lack leg bands, then try taking a very close look at both guineas to see if you can find any characteristics that can be used to tell them apart -- different wattles, solid flight feathers on the wings, etc..

You could try putting a leg band on one of them, if you have any.
If you lack leg bands, then try taking a very close look at both guineas to see if you can find any characteristics that can be used to tell them apart -- different wattles, solid flight feathers on the wings, etc..
Thanks. I have 5 and to me only one has a slightly different wing. I thought about the honor system :D but can you really trust a guinea? I don't have leg bands but will try to take a close up pic and see if that might help tell them apart.

Thanks. I have 5 and to me only one has a slightly different wing. I thought about the honor system :D but can you really trust a guinea? I don't have leg bands but will try to take a close up pic and see if that might help tell them apart.
Most hardware stores sell a package with multiple color zip ties in then. Eventually they wil take them off on their own but they should provide a means of identification long enough to get you through this phase.

Back
Top Bottom