Which Mille Fleur D’uccle would show best?

Chermak1101

Chirping
Sep 8, 2019
Scranton, PA
AF5BD1EA-748E-49F2-A13E-EA8459E3C83B.jpeg 838DB431-48DB-4982-A615-AE8293BA9B91.jpeg 9C516DE2-EE4E-4D5F-BA56-C2EBEA609831.jpeg I have 2 Mille Fleur D’uccle cockerels and have to re-home 1. I would like to show one at a local fair next summer but don’t know what features judges look for. So I could use some help deciding which one to keep. Right now they’re only 10 weeks, don’t plan on re-homing either until they’re a couple months older and I see their personalities. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Well, to answer the question, the one in the last picture is best.

But if I'm being honest, I wouldn't show either. They have a lot of faults and both have too high of tails which the judge could choose to disqualify them by.

I’m very new to chickens. And honestly just doing it for fun (my sons excited that he’ll have one of his chickens at the fair) but yes I would love to hear what ever you have to say. I know nothing about judging. I do have a couple others that id may enter as well, can I post the pics and get your advise on them too??

Lol and mind you, it’s a very small fair, only about 50 chickens get entered and actually I think there was only one MFD there this year! Another side note, I won the cutest baby contest 3 years in a row ;) so there's winning in my blood hahaha

Okay so here's my critique:

• Tails are way too high of an angle. In a county fair, they'll be noticed but no points docked. In a real fair, that's a DQ
  • Backs are too long. Not likely to be noticed, but a defect not to be bred for
  • Both need fuller hackles and fuller beards
  • Both need fuller foot feathers
  • They stand pretty upright, which is not ideal. You're looking for a more horizontal stance.
  • The black beard one has side sprigs on his comb which is a disqualification in any single combed breed
Here is what a (mature) male of show quality should look like
IMG_4937~2_wm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom