1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Which model of Hovabator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkieluver_07, Oct 19, 2008.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I have a 1602N right now, and it is still working great after 10 years. I am looking in the the 1588 Genesis. Is there any pros/cons with it? Or do you prefer a different model of Hovabator?

2. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    if you have the 1602 and have good luck with it you will love the 1588, so easy to use!

3. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks Cindy! Does the Genesis hold more eggs than the 1602?

4. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone else have any opinions? I get to choose what model I want for Christmas. [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got 3 1588s and I really like them. They hold 41-42 eggs with turner.

6. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I want the 1588 for Christmas Hannah!

DH better get me one too lol.

7. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    So far the 1588 sounds good! Now I have to go see where I want to order it from.... [​IMG]

I hope you get your 1588 for Christmas Deb!

8. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I love my Genesis (1588) It's by far the easiest I have.

I use the 1602 as a hatcher and for that its great. (I've ordered a pc fan to put in it. I think that'll make the temps even more uniform) I also just bought a LG with turner from the1much. I have that for an "overflow" bator (I've also got a fan coming for this one)

But the Genesis is definitely the easiest! Go for the auto-turner and you'll be golden.

I've had tremendous luck with Home and Barn Basics. If you use the coupon code byc5 you get 5 percent off....which with the shipping ended up being the cheapest I could find. Great folks and service too!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  9. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Me too!

I have some eggs in my current incubator now and a couple under a broody hen. But I am not holding out any hope, after my last failed attempt.

Let me know if you find a good price on one. I will send hubby the link lol. He might just shop on Ebay for one for me though, not sure.

10. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Thanks Urban Momma, I'm going to check that store out right now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by