1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Which one? Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LuvinChickens, Mar 19, 2012.

1. LuvinChickens

LuvinChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA
    I hope this is in the right area... So, I want an Incubator, but what one should I get? I want one that is deep so we don't have fried chicks, circulated air, and an automatic turner. This will be for chickens only so Quail or duck egg racks arn't needed. Please put a link to the incubator, the price, and the maximum number of eggs that it can hold.
    I was already thinking about this one: http://www.strombergschickens.com/p...an-Hova-Bator-Incubator-2362/basic-incubators It is $144.50 with a maximum of 42 eggs, the auto turner, circulated air, and it looks fairly deep.
    What do you think?

2. immyjay54

immyjay54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania

3. LuvinChickens

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA
    Wow! Thank you! I really like this one. My only worry is that it is made out of Styrofoam. Doesn't it break easily? Or pieces chip off?

4. immyjay54

immyjay54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I've been using mine since early last spring and I haven't had any chips come off. Just be a little careful with them. I clean mine after every use and they are still like new. lol My next choice would be the Brinsea ECO but I don't like them for hatching because they are really small.
    Jim

5. LuvinChickens

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA
    Is there a certain way to clean them? Sorry about all of the questions. I just don't want to regret buying an Incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by