Which one is the best? The brooder lamp or the heating plate?

Hi, I'm not an expert on chicks or anything but I prefer the heating plate. I think it's just a little more natural and there's less danger in using it, in my opinion. And seen as though I have the brooder in my room, the chicks get use to the day and night routine fairly quickly. I raise mine up a little every week, but I do suggest getting the cover, my chicks loved perching on the plate and making a mess

Hi, I'm not an expert on chicks or anything but I prefer the heating plate. I think it's just a little more natural and there's less danger in using it, in my opinion. And seen as though I have the brooder in my room, the chicks get use to the day and night routine fairly quickly. I raise mine up a little every week, but I do suggest getting the cover, my chicks loved perching on the plate and making a mess
Yeah, I don't know who to place a lamp in a brooder.

I would go for the heating plate. I use the heating pad because the heat plate is too expensive but it works fairly similarly. There are times for the heat lamp, but mainly with other species like ducks or quail. Trust me, you really don't want to use a heat pad with those.

I would go for the heating plate. I use the heating pad because the heat plate is too expensive but it works fairly similarly. There are times for the heat lamp, but mainly with other species like ducks or quail. Trust me, you really don't want to use a heat pad with those.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom