Which One Should I Buy????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by poultrycrazy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    I am debating on what to buy. The lady that i am buying them from has 4 silkie pairs from bobby porto bloodlines the pairs are white, blue, and blue/splash at 25 a pair, a pair of bantam blue laced red wyandottes from sand hill preservation that are 25 a pair, 2 pairs of young black cochins for 15 a pair or 25 for both, 3 splash bantam cochin chicks, 2 black bantam cochin chicks, 1 black mottled bantam cochin chick, 2 black oegb chicks, and the chicks are 4 a piece or three at 10, and then shes got a barred OEGB hen and a Crele OEGB roo for 20 a pair and the hen is laying. which would be the best choice they should all be good breeding quality except the BLR wyandottes. I am planning on breeding them so i would like to get some good money out of them, Would i be better off getting to different kinds or colors? And when you breed splash cochins should you have some blue cochins in there to keep the splash? Thanks in advance

Matt

2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Buy what YOU like...it'll make the whole experience better! [​IMG]

3. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    o but its so hard!! [​IMG] Which ones would sell at a higher price? Im not sure that that would change my mind but just curious [​IMG]

4. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    If I were you I would get two pairs...The blue and splash silkie pair from Bobbi Porto lines, and the BLRW bantam pair. Of my silkies the splashes always sell first then the blues. As for the BLRW's they are so pretty and seem popular. But I agree with perolane...get the ones you like the most! Youw ill enjoy them much more that way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by