1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

which one will lay first?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tea S., Jun 23, 2011.

1. Tea S.

Tea S. Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    I have three different breeds, First TIME BYC 'rancher'.

Australorp....Buff Orpington, Barred Rock.

I haven't any idea.

Thanks!

Tea

2. 14chickmama

14chickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Tea S. :

I have three different breeds, First TIME BYC 'rancher'.

Australorp....Buff Orpington, Barred Rock.

I haven't any idea.

Thanks!

Tea

I have delaware, rir, australorps, and buff orps. I was wondering the same!! Mine are 16 weeks old.​

3. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I have 3 Easter Eggers, a Little Black Giant, a New Hampshire Red, an Ancona, and a Welsummer - they're all 18 weeks old. I have no idea which one will be first. I'm lookjing forward to finding out, though.

4. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I think a BO is supposed to lay between 19.5 and 28 weeks. Mine was toward the further end of that range.

5. BARRED ROCK all the way. It is just a guessing game but none the less had to give my 2 cents. My last two batches of barred rocks started laying at 19 weeks. Best of wishes to ya no matter who lays first. [​IMG]

6. Tea S.

Tea S. Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    thanks for the BO timeline. My girls are only 4 weeks old. So I have a long wait. They are outside with a heat lamp. its 50'ish degrees, they have lots of feathers although I would not say they are fully feathered. Hope its not to cold for them.

Nervous

Tea

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by