Which ones are Roos if any?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by geese11, Apr 17, 2011.

1. geese11

geese11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I hope these phot's are okey, these chickens do not like having their picture taken. Can anyone tell me if any are roos if so which ones.

The first 2 the one on the right has had feathers plucked out not sure if it is from the other rooster we have or the geese. It is hard to get to close as the geese are very protective of all the chickens.

[​IMG]

The second 2
    [​IMG]

2. geese11

Apr 16, 2011
    I forgot to add. They are ment to be Ausralorp Blue and are about 5 months old [​IMG]

3. sdeneen2001

sdeneen2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    In the top picture, one of the left is definate roo, middle is probably a roo and the one facing camera on the right looks like a girl.

On the second picture: girl on the left, boy on the right. check out the saddle feathers.

4. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Quote:X2!

5. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Ditto! [​IMG]

6. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Are they the same age? If not, and the one with rounded saddle feathers is older, I agree with the rest.

How old are they? If they are all the same age, I'm wondering if the possible female is a 3rd male that is just slow to get his pointed saddle and hackle feathers - what seems suspicious is that the combs and wattles of all 3 are identical in size -- the two males should have larger combs and wattles than the female if they are all the same age.

7. geese11

Apr 16, 2011
    Thank You everyone for your help.
    Yes they are all the same age the middle one it the first pic is the one that has had it feathers plucked at the back, unsure why this is though.
    Time to go buy more hens now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by