Which ones??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Iheartchicks<3:), Feb 13, 2011.

1. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    I can get about 6 more hens.. i know im going to get Silver Laced Wyandottes.. but what else should i get? Im looking for good egg layers, hens that are more towards the nice side.... and some that are cold hardy

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Orpingtons, Marans, and Ameracaunas are nice and popular.
    If you are buying from a Hatchery they only carry the EEs which are crosses that carry the blue/green egg genes and can lay anycolor of egg.
    Red or Black sexlinks are good layers so are RIRs, Rocks, Leghorns...... yeah there are quite a few good ones.

3. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    im ordering from a feed store.. And they have alot of breeds... I do want nice ones tho! And ones that can get along with batnams

4. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Favorelles, Dominiques, Brahma, Delewares, and Houdans are all pretty friendly. The brahmas are very large though abd would cost more to feed. [​IMG]

5. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    OOOOO! do you think my feed store would have dominiques? I love them because my name is dominique!

6. bantiebabe1200

bantiebabe1200 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Ennis, Montana
    The chances are very good that your feed store will be able to get the Dominiqes for if they get thier chicks from a very large hatchery. Good luck! [​IMG]

7. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    yay!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by