Which Picture?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Equest94, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    My barn owner had to put down her mare the other day. Us boarders are trying to come up with an idea for a keepsake/memory-gift and one of the ideas is getting a picture, blowing it up, and framing it...

Anyways, I have narrowed them down to this handful. The pics kind of stink in terms of angle and positioning - they were all candids, not really taken to be used for this sort of thing... but that's all we have, so please help me pick the best:

[Please keep in mind that she was 33 yro (and yes, she did have a lump on her throat which was not life threatening and did not cause her pain...)]

1.) [​IMG]

2.) [​IMG]

3.) [​IMG]

4.) [​IMG]

5.) [​IMG]

6.) [​IMG]

7.) [​IMG]

8.) [​IMG]

(^^^ this is one of my favs, except I don't think it's suitable for this type of thing, since filly is also in the picture)
  2. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    I vote for picture 8 or 3.
  3. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    I like 6, 7, and 8.

How sweet of you!!

I would love to see her teeth!
  4. tharrell

tharrell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    like 2 and 8 but that's coming from someone who knows nothing about horses except that they're pretty!
  5. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    I like 6 and 7 the best....the more I look.

6 is more "Woah! HI!" --that look makes me smile

and 7 is more "Yum! Another treat please" or "Nyaah!" with the tongue--it makes me giggle and is has the prettier background

These both are flattering pics of her.
    AND her ears are perked so she looks happy!

I like the last one with the filly too, its a great one! If it were me, I wouldnt care if there was another horse in the pic---just makes for more memories!
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  6. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I like them all but I think a body shot would do great. I know that I could only have 1 picture of my beloved pet, I would want a body shot. If I could have 2 it would be a body shot and a head shot. Preferably one in the pets favorite spot or doing something they loved to do.
  7. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    5 and 7 and the very last one are my favs!!! Beautiful girl!
  8. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    I like # 7, 8, and 3 in that order.
  9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    I vote 4 and 8. I am sorry for your friends loss. [​IMG]
  10. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Portage County, Ohio
    7 seems to have a lot of personality to it. It does depend a little on whether it's really what her personality was actually like. 1 is good too and might be best for this sort of reason, but I think I like 8 the best, she looks sort of 'ageless' in it, neither old nor young. In any case, I think you should put them all on a CD for your friend, or print them all out and put them in a little inexpensive photo folder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by