Which Rooster Need To Know Today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by france, Oct 17, 2009.

1. france

france Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    North East
    I have 2 silkie roosters 5 1/2 months old. Both blue but with partridge highlights. Tso was the first to mature. He has a beautiful crow. He dances more for the ladies. He is the more dominant rooster. He has only gone after my 7 yr old son once when my son was stomping his feet in the run. Tso just pecked his boots. Once my son stopped the stomping then Tso left him alone.

Not Tso is the same size, he has less of the partridge highlights. I have never seen him dance but he does try and bite the necks of the ladies. He tends to be more mean to the ladies. His crow is more just loud yell then a classic crow. I have never seen him make any aggressive move towards a human.

One has to go. I am bringing one to a man later today who has a pet rooster. Not sure of the breed but is a bantam. No hens. The rooster is a pet. The man had a second rooster recently killed by a fox. He has owned chickens for years but prefers just a couple of roosters as pets. I was put in touch with him by friends so I know his story.

So whichever rooster I send has to be more willing to get along with an older rooster. Whichever one I keep needs to be better with the ladies.

Which should I send away and which to keep? I was thinking of sending Not Tso because Tso seems better with the ladies. Not Tso is used to being second to another rooster.

Thoughts?

2. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Keep the one you like the best. YOU have to live with him!

3. Momo

Momo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Nelson BC
    Keep the one that is more gentle to the hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by