Which season do ducklings prefer?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kimhinojos, Mar 15, 2013.

1. kimhinojos

kimhinojos Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2013
    Should I buy my ducklings in the summer or this spring? Which season would be best? I'm getting a Pekin & a Black Swedish :D

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    How cold is your spring? Spring is what next wed? i am snowing and negative temps so spring here is terrible, i have ducklings right now due to a persistent Muscovy duck lol they get snow, ice and bitter temps.

I am actually bringing in two buff ducklings but i waited till end of May/start of June our weather is just not that nice till at least mid/late June, heck i have lost plants to frost in June.

So anyways, after that long winded talk.. your weather plays a big role, you want them to be able to get outside swim, forage.. etc in other words be ducks.

3. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    X2

It depends on how quickly you want them to be able to go outside and that depends on weather. I don't EVER want to have to brood ducklinngs inside again [​IMG] But that is me. The warmer the weather, the sooner they can go outside without a heat source.

4. kimhinojos

kimhinojos Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2013
    in the summer it can get up to 100 degrees and in the spring it'll be pretty hot as well

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by