Which thermostat for cabinet

Codyntx

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2016
I recently built a cabinet style incubator out of 3/4 plywood. I'm using this https://m.ebay.com/itm/Inkbird-Dual...426092&hash=item44137d786f:g:vAwAAOSwQcJaQlAA electronic thermostat to control two 200 watt lightbulbs for heat. I have two computer fans drawing air across the bulbs and down a false back and out the bottom. My trays have wire cloth bottoms for airflow.

My predicament is that every couple days the thermostat will stick and get my temp to 120°+. I can just bump the top of the thermostat and it will click off and temp will fall to 99°. Is this just a faulty thermostat or do I need to find a different style such as a wafer?

Thanks is advance. I should also mention that the thermostat is not inside the incubator.

Any suggestions on a replacement? It cooked about $45 worth of eggs. I ran it for a week and it stayed on 99. Two days after I set the eggs it cooked them

I know there are several plug and play style electronic incubator thermostats available. Take a look at incubator warehouse, or search amazon. I use wafer thermostats, mercury set thermostat, and commercial type PID temperature controllers with solid state relays in the custom cabinets I build. I think the plug and play style thermostats are the cheapest easiest to work with, other than the wafer thermostat. Thermostat with solid state switching will last longer in general. 400 watts is a lot to switch, must be a large incubator. GQF Sportsman is only a 225 watt element.

24lx24wx40h, iv considered trying 2 100 watt bulbs to see how long it takes temp to recover

Back
Top Bottom