Which type of Wyandotte are my girls?

NJmomma

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2016

I'm assuming they are wyandottes. Do you agree? They were hatched on April 9th, so they are 6.5 months.

Thanks!

I got them from my local feed store. They were overstock, so they weren't sure what they were. They made a guess from what they looked like and said Americana or easter egger.

Last edited:
I thought maybe EE, but those aren't bearded and the legs are the wrong color. From what I can tell in the pics it does look like a rose comb and not pea. You may still get more experienced input.

Pretty girl.
smile.png
Get any eggs yet?

I am a first time chicken owner. They are so sweet. The kids love them. We have been getting 4-5 eggs a day since last month.

I'll Google dark cornish. Thanks!

Are cornish hens hardy in the winter? Thats the only reason I want to know what they are. I did a quick google search and it looks like cornish hens are mostly bred for meat. Are they good backyard chickens? So far, they are sweet and good with the kids!

Here's another pix. The girl in the middle is the smallest and has the most red on her.

Cornish Cross are bred for meat. The Cornish breed is entirely different. They are very cold hardy. Not the greatest layers, but decent. They do have a tendency to go broody, and make excellent mothers.

Back
Top Bottom