Which variety is this Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken Frenzie, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    This is Bell'e I have no idea what variety of Easter Egger she is. She lays a green egg... =P
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Click me

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Winggedheart

Winggedheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Ringgold
    Where did you get her?
    And she's pretty bird.

3. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Quote:I got her at my local feedstore, in Michigan [​IMG]

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    There aren't different varieties of Easter Egger. There are just plain ol' EE's in all their lovely variety! She's beautiful. [​IMG]

5. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Quote:Oh.. thank you [​IMG] I saw on the Breed section their were Golden, light brown partridge.. oh well! [​IMG]

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

VERY beautiful bird. [​IMG]

7. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They come in a lot of colors because they can be mixed with anything... but yours does look like a standard copper-y one. We have two that look similar if that means anything to you. [​IMG] They both lay green eggs but have a little more dark brown/black in them and slate colored legs (yours look green). Some are kinda non-standard looking and the fact they lay a colored egg is surprising... but if your hen wandered into my yard I'd say she looked like a EE and would kinda expect a blue/green egg. [​IMG]

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    There aren't "varieties" of EEs. they are just EEs.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Members do the breed pages and we've had to remove one or two that were full of misinformation so not all of them are entirely accurate.

EEs do not come in any particular color, though they can resemble certain color patterns in certain breeds. You can have a white EE, or a black EE or a blue EE, though.

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:x2

Although I rarely ever see solid blue or black EE's. Yours carries the common wildtype BBR/duckwing base, but beyond that she could have anything from a little Columbian in her to some melanizer, wheaten, or other genes in there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by