Which will get here first...Tropical storm or chicks? CHICKS! Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HeadHen, Jul 21, 2008.

1. HeadHen

HeadHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Has anyone in Texas ever ordered from McMurray? Can you tell me how long it took your chicks to get here?
    Mine are due this week and a tropical storm is on it's way and I'm really worried it could affect their trip time and condition.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

This should give you specifics! Cristobal has downgraded and is heading to me, not you.[​IMG]

But Dolly is still a threat to Texas

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#DOLLY

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  3. HeadHen

Jul 1, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Yes they are saying that even if Dolly goes into the Mexico border my area will still get the "dirty" (worst) side of it. I'm already on pins and needles waiting for my chicks and now I'm getting really worried.

4. HeadHen

Jul 1, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Quote:Thank you for that link, that will really come in handy this hurricane season, I have never been to that site and it is increadibly informative. My Dad will love it (he gets a little 'into' tracking these things since he retired).

If anyone can give me any idea how long chicks take to arrive in Texas from McMurray, I'm anxious to know![​IMG]

5. HeadHen

Jul 1, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Ok, so it is turning more northbound (toward me) and I still have no idea when my chicks will get here. The post office is 30-45 minutes from me an I'm hoping I don't have to choose between making that trip in hurricane force winds or loosing the poor little chicks...[​IMG]:thun

6. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Can you call the hatchery and ask them to hold off on your shipment due to the impending hurricane? I know you want your babies, but...

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Don't chicks usually ship on Monday?
    Call and check. If they've shipped them see if there's a tracking #...

8. HeadHen

Jul 1, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Ok, called them and they are shipping on Wed. same day storm is supposed to come through, so they should come when it is past if it keeps moving as fast as it has been. [​IMG]

9. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

You must be relieved...and please let us know how things go for you during the storm and when your chicks arrive!

10. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    That's scary-good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by