Which Wyandotte would you prefer?

devin0

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
Fogo Island, NL
So if you had to choose, would get a silver-pencilled or a gold-pencilled wyandotte? Explain why please
thumbsup.gif

I'd like to know because I'm getting some next spring.

Are they from a hatchery? Because if so, neither.
gig.gif
tongue.png

Otherwise it really is about your own taste.
wink.png
Beyond personal preference, you might also want to consider things like, perhaps, what colors blend to prevent predator problems? I know that my Silver Laced Wyandottes seem to do really well free ranging out here because their colors blend in SO well to their clearcut surroundings of black, silver, and white twigs, stumps, and logs.

I prefer Gold Laced Wyandottes only because I free range and the lighter colors tend to get picked off by predators more easily. The gold blend in with their surroundings. That being said, the silver laced are more striking and noticeable....better eye candy
smile.png

Okay I'd hate to break it to you, but the breeder you mentioned is just someone who bought poor-quality hatchery birds and started breeding and selling them for $$. The Wyandottes shown are Laced, not pencilled, and at that are horribly "laced." The rest of the birds are also typical hatchery stock.
hmm.png

If I were you, I'd get some Silver or Golden Laced Wyandottes straight from a hatchery or local feedstore - They're the SAME quality for a cheaper price.
wink.png

Quote:
Exactly right. That isn't a breeder it's a reproducer of hatchery stock. The birds are very poor quality & the prices are ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom