Whining about my horrible chicken buying experience!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by OHChick, Jun 24, 2008.

1. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    edited...

nevermind, i was just venting frustration, i don't wish to leave this post up.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  2. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    So sorry for your bad experience! There are a lot of unscrupulous people on the internet and in the world. At the very least, you learned a valuable lesson to thoroughly inspect before you buy. "Let the buyer beware." [​IMG]

Susan

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't think I would be to happy either. :mad: Who is he "registered" with? You might want to try contacting that group. To be registered, I would think one would have to follow some standards. It doesn't sound like he's doing that, so I would maybe even ask your vet if there's a group or person you should contact about this. Maybe it would save someone else from bringing in the things you are experiencing with these chickens to their existing flock. Sorry you had to be the one to experience it though. [​IMG]

4. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    I hope they're better, too, and that you get some sort of response. It may be that he hasn't seen your e-mail yet...I'm only offering this defense because I've been through two computer crashes recently.

I'm not sure what's involved in being a registered breeder but in many industries there's a HUGE difference between "registration" and "certification".

I hope your birds are feeling better and you get rid of any creepy crawly feeling left after seeing those mites!

5. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    I know how you feel, well not really. And, i was getting kind of mad at the person for doing this to you while I was reading. I would be furious [​IMG]

6. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    So sorry to hear what you are going through.
    For the rest of us, this is a good example of why we should isolate new birds.

7. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  8. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Please keep us posted. I will be interested to find out how this all works out for you and your flock.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This is exactly why I will not buy adult birds. I'm sorry for your experience, but if it was me, I'd not treat them. I'd cull them immediately and not take a chance. They are probably carriers of something that your flock will have forever if they get incorporated, even if they recover. That's must my own take on it and what I would do.

10. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I would also question the Registered - Since you were adding blue or green egg layers - EE's as far as I know do not have a registration of breeders- What you are describing though canbe stress related - I'd give them time to settle in get rid of the mites and see if they were ill or having a reaction to the move-- What are you treating them with ?
    Hope it works out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by