Whipped Cream and Other Delights

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Catstar68, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aeQxKdphPc&feature=related

Okay
    , I'll admit I was born in 1968 and growing up all I really had music-wise was what my parents had in the huge stereo...they called it a 'credenza' but it was this enormous piece of furniture. I remember barely reaching over the top to drop records onto the turntable. They had a lot of Johnny Cash, Beatles...the usual stuff for that era. But they had some strange stuff IMO...Englebert Humperdink? Herb Alpert. I loved all of them.
    So, not too long ago I was in the music section of B&N and this 'blast from the past' caught my eye. It was this album:
    [​IMG]

I hadn't thought about it since I was little and then there it was....old happy memories came flying back. It was out for 3 years before I popped into this world. Of course I bought it. It just makes me so happy to listen to these songs again...I'm such a nerd! The one song always brings back memories of watching the old Dating Game show. [​IMG] Talk about painful....try watching those old shows again. yikes...
    Has anyone had an album or song from their childhood that was long forgotten and then just one day *BANG* there it was again and those old memories come flooding back?

I'm probably just crazy. [​IMG]
    Anyhoo, I just thought I'd share my little moment of happiness with y'all.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

This record belonged to my mom. I used to play it all the time as a kid on my Fisher Price record player. [​IMG] I even went to the library and got the book (and the movie!) so I'd know what it was about. It eventually got sold in a garage sale, probably when I was in high school, after the record player had been broken for years and hadn't been replaced.

This past year, I found a copy at a record shop in our city after my DH and I bought a record player at a thrift store. It makes me happy to play it and remember.

3. Catstar68

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    oh, I loved that book! I've never heard that album, I should find it.

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    [​IMG]

My parents had that album as well. The cover was pretty racy for its time. Have always liked the music.

5. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I have that album!

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:OMG - so do I! And *I* bought it when it first came out!

7. Catstar68

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Mine was the 40th anniversary edition so it came with this cool book with the history of the Tijuana Brass and of course, the scandal the cover art caused....it was mostly shaving cream, apparently.

8. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    I remember sittin at my dad's feet in his office where the turn table was and listening to Cash, Willie, Dolly, and Kenny.....

And one of my most favorites Tom T. Hall

sneaky snake & old dogs and children and watermelon wine

How do you talk to a little baby goat?

I love little baby ducks

9. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

My kids play my old albums 45s. They both have record players. A few months back my 7 year old said she wished everybody could have a record player:

"So that they could know what music was like in the old days"! [​IMG]

I wonder how many 7 year olds know the words to American Pie?

10. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:I remember listening to them when I was dating.... you are showing your youth, Gretch! Besides, now you just listen to songs about cheese burgers, hair brushes and manatees! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by