Whippets just arived

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Whitewinterwolf, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Thanks to some back handed and sneaky attempts by some whippet rescue group, or groups, to gain control of these dogs, they have to be taken down from the site.
    The people behind this dont seem to want to find these dogs good loving homes...
    If you still want to help, or know someone that could please e-mail me at [email protected]
    Or call at 774-239-7979

Sorry about this, but it just goes to show WHY the owner did not want Rescue involved...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Sounds like you're going to be busy for a while. May you find loving homes for them soon [​IMG]

3. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Thats a bit of an understatement, these dogs plus the ones I already have. Haha, im just glad there healthy!

4. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    the good news is it sounds liek at the minimum all 3 of the younguns and inky will be easy to place being so frinedly, and macaroni will probably be easy to rehome too once shes got some confidence built up

bull terriers can be a tad dog "overenthusiastic" and bull terrier enthusiasts usually know and understand that, so i doubt shes going to be too hard to rehome too [​IMG]

your definatly going to have your hands full for a while though, heaven bless for taking in all these dogs.

5. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    As a whippet owner, I have a soft spot for them all and they all sound absolutely wonderful and I hope you find them forever homes soon. You're doing a wonderful thing and I look forward to seeing the pics. [​IMG]

6. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    [​IMG]

Please tell me whippets are suppose to look like the smaller lighter colored one.

7. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Lol, I think someone had fun with photoshop. Yes, the smaller one is the whippet.

8. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Not photoshop. WHippets, like some cows, have a 'double muscle' gene that crops up sometimes. That's what's up with the black one.

9. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Yes, whippets are supposed to look like the lighter and smaller one, the bigger whippet has a genetic defect that causes all of its muscles to double. These dogs are very controversial, as they are not looked very highly upon by true breeders as all of the problems associated with the genetic defect have not been discovered or presented.
    The whippets I received are not double muscled.

10. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I had to google the double muscle thing in Whippets......how tragic!! Look at this link...this dog, Wendy, apparently got the double muscle gene from both parents. http://wendytheincrediblewhippet.com/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by