Whistling goslings?!

ab1820

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 10, 2013
So I have a 3 week old embden gosling, and a 5 day old Chinese gosling. They're super healthy, spoiled, happy baby geese. But I have just noticed the other night while they sleep, one of them loudly whistles while she sleeps! Is this a normal goose thing? Or just something my goose does? Or maybe an underlining respitory issue? I hope not that! Does anyone else's geese whistle while they sleep?!

So I have a 3 week old embden gosling, and a 5 day old Chinese gosling. They're super healthy, spoiled, happy baby geese. But I have just noticed the other night while they sleep, one of them loudly whistles while she sleeps! Is this a normal goose thing? Or just something my goose does? Or maybe an underlining respitory issue? I hope not that! Does anyone else's geese whistle while they sleep?!
I have 4 six week old goslings, 2 Buffs and supposedly 2 Toulouse. The one that “snores” is the one that I’m not sure what breed she is. She’s also my largest gosling. But yeah- definitely whistles when she sleeps. I love it 🥰

Attachments

• 2FAE0ACF-8136-4D2A-B9DC-83CBAE3BD79B.jpeg
    2FAE0ACF-8136-4D2A-B9DC-83CBAE3BD79B.jpeg
    882.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
If it's the sound i think you're referring to, yes it's normal; My two boys "Whistled" while they slept but it must be something to do with the way they develop physically because now they're grown ups they don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom