1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Ameraucana roo or hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by txchick06, Mar 23, 2016.

1. txchick06

txchick06 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2015
    Hey gang,

Our white Ameraucana could possibly be an EE, but I'm concerned I might have gotten a roo. (This is our second round after going straight run and getting 6 out of 8 roosters in our flock :/ LOL tough lesson) so I feel like I'm on hyper alert. Luckily this one is from chickenville USA so we have a guarantee but I don't want to drive out to Terrell again! 'She' is displaying some 'roo-like' behaviors. Any help appreciated!!!!
    *hoping it's a hen!*[​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    How old? I'm leaning towards rooster but like you I'm unsure.

3. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    How old is it?? Is it close to laying? Because it looks kinda like a rooster to me right now with no other info. it looks like a rooster because of the comb and tail, but....

4. txchick06

Dec 8, 2015
    Between 17-18 weeks. I know behaviorally what to look for - what physically will show up if he's a rooster? like waddle, beard-wise? I'm so new, thanks for helping!

5. txchick06

Dec 8, 2015
    Anyone else? Would love your thoughts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by