white ameraucana

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by donnie, May 14, 2010.

1. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    hey , i am looking to get some pure white ameraucanas , i have this white EE roo and hens, and i think he is just gorgeous and would love to actually get some pure ameraucanas that are white , so far i have had no luck in finding any ... any help with this would be great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Go to the Ameraucana Breeders Club web site. You'll find a list there. With phone numbers etc...

3. jeb251

jeb251 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    how many are you looking for, and do you want eggs or chicks?

4. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    i have recently purchased some eggs for the whites but another line would be good as well , eggs or chicks really doesnt matter , im wanting pure white ameraucanas not white EE tho ... what line do you have ?

5. jeb251

jeb251 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    mine come from the pips and peeps line. Where are your from?

6. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    i just read where you were told they come from pips&peeps on the ameraucana thread... which is funny since i purchased mine directly from her, how old are your birds , from her site she was using another line before and has added another line , she has pics posted on her site

Do you have any pics of your birds

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I don't know if John Behlm has white LF but if he does that might be a good option for you.

Henry

8. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    yes jon has lf white , all orders are on hold til next year from my understanding of his site .... this is why i got these from pips&peeps , but i still plan to order some from jon as well .......

I am curious about your posting on the ameraucana thread tho , where you said all the good white have a blue or grey tint , idk if i used the exact wording but any pure white birds i have ever known off didnt have any other colors except the yellow under coloring ..... pips&peeps has pics posted of her chicks and birds and i didnt notice any kind of blemishes at all , just the normal yellow undercoloring

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I have mostly discussed this with Faverolles breeders about the different genes behind white but I think it applies to ameraucana as well. If I remember correctly someone posted a picture of a white ameraucana chick they hatched or had shipped from Jean and it was grey and Jean said it was just a sign of better white on their feathers when they come in. I will see if I can find that post it must have been a while back.

Henry

10. donnie

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by