White and black bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mochicken, Sep 18, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    6 week old, came with a mix and match of bantams, im assuming its a "mutt" or an easter egger as we like to call them lol

Do we think pullet or roo? and am I right about assuming its an easter egger?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    very pretty chick. Not sure on breed, but I dont think EE cause of the yellow legs. I am going to say pullet even though the comb is kind of pink. Seems my bantams combs pink before the LF, but I could be wrong.

3. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Do you know from which hatchery they came? That would help narrow down the breeds. I almost want to say bantam hamburg, but it has the wrong leg color. Whatever, the cutie is it is a poor representation of it's breed. I also think you have a female.

4. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    no idea of hatchery, I got them from an individual that got multiple hatching eggs and hatched out over 100 bantams.

5. cdeen

cdeen New Egg

Aug 21, 2011
    I have a little rooster named Evinrude that looks almost exactly like your chick. I bought him from a bin of mixed bantams. He weighs about 6 ounces as an adult.

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I think it's a silver laced wyandotte bantam. It's lacing will get a little better, but still won't be great. [​IMG] He's still pretty!

7. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    so you are seeing a rooster? just making sure, I am actually "thinning the herd" and getting rid of some of the bantams and I really like this one, roo or pullet I want to keep it.

8. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I also vote pullet. She's pretty

9. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    A rose comb that pink and big at 6 weeks is making me lean towards roo. Maybe a bantam SLW (if those exist) mix?

10. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking pullet.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by