White and brown eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BendingBow Ranc, Mar 20, 2013.

1. BendingBow Ranc

BendingBow Ranc New Egg

Mar 20, 2013
    We did a batch of eggs in our incubator and non of the white eggs developed to the end. During the second hatch we ended up pulling all the white eggs when candled. They all seam to start and then die in the process! We are going to do a third batch and leave out the white eggs completely. Also we have 15 hens and one rooster. Is that the problem? Maybe the white hen are too fast for him???[​IMG]

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Debra @ BendingBowRanch

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    I take it they are all fed the same? Maybe they aren't getting a ton of fed because the other hens are blocking them. Another thing could be that the hens are just not healthy due to breeding maybe? This s referring to too much inbreeding. Kid of strange if you ask me.

3. BunkyB

BunkyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there. I have seen this before . Your white hens from the same batch, same bird, when you got them? If so , I have seen some poor breeding practices and yes severe inbreeding,brother,sister,mother,father. For each generation of inbreeding things start to dissapear from the natural gene pool..

I have witnessed absolute brutal white hybrids rip apart a flock of browns. Absolutely relentless. Owner had to cull all the white hens and save the browns from being brutalized. The breeder, who WAS so trusted to supply the 4H clubs and feed stores that sold chicks, his usual thing yearly as a day old supplier. Literally a few hundred birds had to be culled and customers got their money back.

To make a long story short(er). There may be a breed line issue as well. This is only my opinion... Best of luck ! Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by