White and Buff EE's

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by felidaet, May 24, 2010.

1. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    [​IMG]

This year I wanted to get a couple of EE's that were white with just a little buff coloring. Looks like I was successful! [​IMG]. Here is one of the two. These are 7 - 8 weeks old. This one has more buff coloring than the other one. They both have gray heads. (Matches my hair color! [​IMG]) The texture of the feathers on this one is very unusual. The feathers are VERY soft. It sort of feels like we are petting a feather duster.

I was prepared to drive all over town going to feed stores to find what I thought would be the perfect colored chicks. My wife and I both spotted these two immediately at the first feed store we went to! We also picked up two others with darker colors. It was really tempting to get several more of these. But I think this is enough for now. With this years additions, we will have 35 layers and seven of them are EE's.

2. volchick

volchick Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    Did you just get these or did you get them when they were tiny fluff butts? I have my first chicks and am trying to guess what they'll look like when they get big...

3. lizzy06019

lizzy06019 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Connecticut
    She looks JUST like "Cake". She looked just like my BOs as a chick, other than her greenish legs and one black spot on her back. She's the sweetest little thing and, yes, VERY soft! She's my 4 year old's favorite little chicken. She tolerates him picking her up and carrying her around the yard.

[​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I saw a buff / white EE chick in the EE pullet bin this past weekend and had to buy her. Uhhh... can't buy just one.... so I picked up a Delaware. Ummm, then there was an "older" - almost 3 weeks old - Silver Sebright in that straight run bin, along with some GOLD Sebrights. So I got the "older" SS chick, and picked out the oldest looking Golden one.

Suffice to say, I have four new chicks when I thought I was done with chicks. But a buff or white EE.... WHOO BOY!!! Her cheeks are so cute... hope she grows up white, but buff will do.

5. Mskayladog

Mskayladog Chillin' With My Peeps

I know this is a old thread out is the picture of the EE a pullet? She looks just like mine and I have been worried she is a roo.

6. chickenrun1020

chickenrun1020 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2012
    North Grosvenordale, CT
    when and how can you tell if you have a rooster??? my chicks are about 4-5 weeks old. I pray I dont have a roo[​IMG] my husband will not be happy, netherwill be my neighbors..lol

7. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    She is adorable =] I have 2 of them =] I thought when they first feathered in, that they would be blue EEs, But i guess not =] lol they now have all white feathers with the golden tips =] And their heads are so dark they are almost black =]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by