1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Basque Rooster in need of forever home-Southern California, near Riverside, can deliver

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by aboverubiesmom, Jan 5, 2014.

1. aboverubiesmom

aboverubiesmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2013
    10 mos old basque rooster really needs his own flock & will make beautiful basque or ranch mix chicks for someone. My kids don't want to see him end up as someone's dinner so I am trying other routes before putting him on Craigslist. He was raised with all organic feed & coconut oil. He has already had the avian pox & gotten over it just fine (we are no longer contagious as we have been clear on everyone's comb for 2 months now). My teen boys have handled him a lot since he was a chick but I would not say he is *safe* as he & my 6 yr old daughter square up all the time (which is funny because she is standing here telling me how much she would miss him & she loves him). He doesn't like the sound of her voice & will crow when he hears her (my older sons don't blame him :). He is used to being free ranged on half an acre but his breed does well in confinement.

I can deliver in Southern California in some areas but only for a non-eating home. He lives in Mira Loma, north of Norco, near Riverside.[​IMG]

Trish
    www.thehappyhealthychicken.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by