White & black...................? ADDED another pic

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cmychicks, Jun 13, 2009.

1. cmychicks

cmychicks In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    These white & black birds are 7-8 weeks old. We've got 3 roosters [​IMG] and 1 little lady. They have been some of the friendliest chicks we have. Any ideas on breed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, you think the all white one in the #2 picture is a White Leghorn?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. cmychicks

cmychicks In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    Any thoughts?

We went to Tractor Supply Co. on two different occassions and got some of these each time. I believe they came from the 'straight run' bin (although that probably doesn't help much in identifying). They were all yellow until their little wings began to sprout out.

Thanks.

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I have no idea on breed - maybe someone else does?

4. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Oops - just noticed your leghorn question. I don't think it's a leghorn - too stocky. I think it's either a white rock or cornish cross. It it's just as active and normal acting as your other chicks, than I'd say white rock. If it's very lazy and eats a ton, you'll need to assume cornish X.

5. ZepChick

ZepChick Songster

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    hi, not sure but doesn't the white one look a little like a cornish rock?

6. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    The white one looks kinda Cornish Rock to me....but if they are the same breed maybe not...??

7. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    The white one looks just like my leghorn cockerel. The other one looks like a DE? Don't quote me on that one though!! He looks like he has more black than the DE's normally do. Here's my W. Leghorn:

[​IMG]

8. kenman

kenman Songster

Jul 10, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    They look like my Delaware Roosters with a lot more color. The other looks like a white rock. I bought several at Tractor Supply this year and I believe they received their chicks from Privett Hatchery.

9. white rock

10. cmychicks

cmychicks In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    Thanks for all the thoughts!

Regarding the all white little guy......... he is just as active as the other birds. We actually have few jumbo x rocks and this guy is definately not that. If the consensus is white rock, would that be a white plymouth rock? (I'm really a newbie at this [​IMG] ) Also these all white ones seem to have really, really soft (down-like) feathers compared to the others chickens.

Regarding the black and whites....... they have differing amounts of black. Here's a picture of another one that has much less black.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: