white bumps on my rooster's face

samaneh

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2020
Does anyone know what these white bumps on my rooster's face are? They are replicating more and more. They have also infected his eyelids. I would be most grateful if some one could help me.My Rooster is 5 years old

Attachments

• ۲۰۲۰۰۸۲۷_۱۲۵۰۳۷7.jpg
    ۲۰۲۰۰۸۲۷_۱۲۵۰۳۷7.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 33
What is your location? Fowl pox from mosquitoes might be a possibility, but it doesn’t look typical. One of our members in India has a rooster who has had some bumps on his face and earlobes which seem a little similar. Is your rooster kept outside? Are mosquitoes plentiful? If you have antibiotic ointment available, it cannbe used in the eyes twice a day.

What is your location? Fowl pox from mosquitoes might be a possibility, but it doesn’t look typical. One of our members in India has a rooster who has had some bumps on his face and earlobes which seem a little similar. Is your rooster kept outside? Are mosquitoes plentiful? If you have antibiotic ointment available, it cannbe used in the eyes twice a day.
Living conditions are good. It is not a mosquito

Does anyone know what these white bumps on my rooster's face are? They are replicating more and more. They have also infected his eyelids. I would be most grateful if some one could help me.My Rooster is 5 years old
It looks very similar to fowlpox, if he lives outside or is outside at all, one mosquito bite is all it takes. It spreads rapidly, please quarantine him immediately to protect your flock. The mortality rate can be up to 85% in severe cases. We nearly lost 2 pullets last month, they required a LOT of care around the clock or they would've died.

He is alone but he is fine. Could it be because of his age?
It looks very similar to fowlpox, if he lives outside or is outside at all, one mosquito bite is all it takes. It spreads rapidly, please quarantine him immediately to protect your flock. The mortality rate can be up to 85% in severe cases. We nearly lost 2 pullets last month, they required a LOT of care around the clock or they would've died.

Back
Top Bottom