White chicken poop, not eating, not moving, sleeping

Sarahxamelia

In the Brooder
Dec 26, 2016
I have a brown chicken and this morning she wasn't moving much and she is alone her poop is white she's not eating and barely drinking water. There are little flit things around her. I can tell she's sick but I don't know with what. I don't want her to die and I had another brown chicken a couple months ago in a similar conditions dm she ended up dying. The brown chicken I have no I got a couple weeks ago from a farm. How can I help her get better? I dont have medicine for chickens

She seems sick to me. Can you explain more about broody? I'm new to this and I'm not quite sure what it's about.

She seems sick to me. Can you explain more about broody? I'm new to this and I'm not quite sure what it's about.

Broody hens just sit, sort of like in a trance. They only get up to eat, drink, and poo once or twice a day.
The best way to determine if a hen is sick, or just broody, pick her up and move her a few feet.If she goes right back to where she was, and resumes her still sitting, she's broody. If she doesn't move at all when you put her down, she's probably sick. Bring her into a warm place inside. Get some electrolytes mixed into her drinking water, and give her some wet unmedicated starter to eat. If she's a very recent addition to your coop, get her started on a treatment for coccidiosis. If it's not coccidia, treatment won't do any harm. If it's a virus, supportive care is all that can be done.

I just picked her up and. She just stood there. Her poop now looks yellow. How do I get electrolytes into her water and can I use any household items to treat her for coccidiosis?

Back
Top Bottom