White Chicken - What breed am I???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fordtrucks6202, Feb 4, 2013.

1. fordtrucks6202

fordtrucks6202 Out Of The Brooder

We got 16 chickens at the end of October. The order was for 15 but we got an extra. We have determined which one is the extra by elimination as the chicks got feathers, but we are not exactly sure if we are right. The chick in question is all white. No markings, nothing special. I have joked that it is a "chicken house chicken" (a broiler that is grown in a chicken house for Tyson, Mountaire, etc.) Please help us identify our chicken. Thanks.[​IMG]

2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    what kind of comb does it have? It clearly doesn't have a single(aka straight) comb but can't tell if that's pea or rose comb.

Other than that, those green legs make EE a first guess, even if she does not have a beard. Second mix would be a mixed breed.

3. fordtrucks6202

Her comb is very small. According to the order we believe that she is an ameraucana but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen an all white ameraucana like her before.

4. jklyles1

jklyles1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    I have! Here's mine
    [​IMG]

5. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    I think she's an Easter Egger. Although the hatchery may have called her an Ameraucana, they're wrong. Her green legs and lack of beard are immediate giveaways. There are white Ameraucana, though.

Maybe you would like a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana rooster to go along with your girls? I have an extra [​IMG]

6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    White EE. You're lucky, a pure white one is very uncommon since they are mixed by nature.

7. fordtrucks6202

Thanks for the offer but we already have a total of 26 chickens. We have 10 laying hens and 16 - 14 week old chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by