White chicks

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
Ok, So I posted these girls a few weeks ago. I was told they were leghorns. I have a question though, I though leghorns layed white eggs, if that is true, why are their earlobes pinkish? If they were white rocks wouldnt they be chunkier? My BO and faverolles are already fatties and they are the same age?

Do you think they are still white leghorns and still pullets (one sure has a pink comb for almost 3 months old.) Thank you

Chick 1
Image1-4.jpg

Image2-3.jpg

Chick 2
Image3-4.jpg

Image4-3.jpg

I would think if they were boys they would have big, red combs and be crowing by now. My little white boys are 11 weeks old and have been crowing for a few weeks. They are smaller than my other chicks that I got the same day. and the white pullets are smaller too. Not scrawney, but a different build with really long tails compared to the others.

my white leghorns were similar to that when they were younger. once they started laying they turned more reddish color. my hens are also of slight build but man are they tough. scrap with the bigger birds when it's feeding time.

lots of personality in that little body.

In picture 1 Leghorn Pullet
In picture 2 foreground Leghorn Pullet back ground EE (easter egger) hen.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom