white chinese geese flying!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bravevline, Jan 13, 2014.

1. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    so ive read that Chinas cannot fly! its awfully strange because i have quite a story! last march, i bought two wc! both turned out to be ganders; they never could fly except for little jumps because we got them at a feed store and i THINK the supplying hatchery pinioned their wings. anyway i recently traveled a pretty decent distance to buy two yearling females the same age as my boys. after seeing them i could really tell the difference!!! i went one day to pet my gander since we been close ever since he was a gosling, nothing new here! but then, the white female (one of the new girls is brown) suddenly started loudly screaming (which idk why, i was nowhere near her; i suspect my grandfathers new dog spooked her trying to play) and she jumped the fence, but she did NOT land on the other side! she continued to fly higher and higher and she then circle a great portion of the huge farm and came back and landed in the pen. it was just like a wild goose flying!!!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Several years ago someone abandoned a white Chinese gander at a pond by the local Home Depot. He would fly over the fence to forage outside of the pond, and when the Canada geese would fly he would make one turn with them and fly back and land in the pond. Understand that he was not real heavy as he was getting by on grass and feed that I supplied 3 or 4 times a week.

3. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    can a Rmbden Geese fly? she looks like she could have a bit of that in her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by