White Chinese Goose Gender

Easiest way is by how big the bump on the top of their bill is. The ganders is bigger.

But overall, the gander is bigger, stands more erect, has a more shrill voice, and will tend to stand in front of the goose when anything or anyone is near.

That is for adults, with goslings, only until they get old enough for those traits to become apparent does that work.

Thanks. Going to be separating 3 males away from the 2 female when they hit puberty and I don't want to mess that up.
big_smile.png

(I ended up with 4 males and 2 females somehow)

Anyone have pictures as examples? I have a white chinese that is about 3-4 months and just not sure...

These are my pair of brown chinese they are the same as the white other than the coloring.

37655_0730091750a.jpg

The male is on the left and the female on the right. They are 5 months old in this picture. His bump is bigger but he is also taller and more slender than the female. Hope this helps.

That does help, thanks!. I am THINKING my new goose might be a female after all. Will have to check when I get home. Still working on getting picts too, to post.

OK on a second look I just am not sure about mine. I will have to post picts!
roll.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom