white cochin from a B/B/S and mottled pen ??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cochin123, Jul 25, 2010.

1. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    i have blue , blue mottled and splash roos over black , blue , lav and black mottled and blue mottled hens
    so far ihave got 3 white roos and 1 white pullet. where can the white come from in those colors, 1 of the roos is a little older and does have some black feathers but not much . i was told that they were silver but now that the roo is getting black in idk [​IMG] ? i will post pics tomorrow.
    ty for you help [​IMG]

2. ChickFarmer

ChickFarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2010
    most likely they are just splash that aren't very splashy. Could also be resessive white, "Thought to give a cleaner white than dominant white. Varieties of White Plymouth Rock, Wyandotte, Minorca, Orpington, Jersey Giant, Dorking, Langshan, Silky and others often carry recessive white genes. Many varieties carry both dominant and recessive white. Allows dark eyes. Pigmentation in chick down varies." quoted from this page, http://sellers.kippenjungle.nl/page3.html

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Recessive white. If each parent contributes a copy you will get a white bird. Now, are these the ONLY chicks, or are you merely listing htat you have gotten 4 whites out of ______ chicks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by