1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Confederate Christmas.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebelcowboysnb, Dec 25, 2010.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Woke up at 8 to over an inch of snow here in Ga. Last white Christmas we had up here in these mtns was around 1990. The Valleys are getting hit hard too an there last white Christmas was in around 1960.

Looks like we might have 3+ by the time its threw. Already got one text saying they don't think that they can make it here for dinner. So much for my expected 40 people. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  2. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    When I read the title of this thread I was expecting entirely different subject matter in the post... I'm pleasantly surprised. We had our large dinner last night on Christmas Eve, we'll just be having Christmas brunch this morning!

Merry Christmas!

3. rebelcowboysnb

We had small family dinners last night. We had ours at dads. Custom for us is to have an large extended family dinner here today. Sorta like a reunion. I don't really think the snow will stop many of them for getting there. I would put money on everyone getting together later in a giant convoy playing in the snow.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Weather patterns seem to be shaping up like last year. Sweeping down through the South, hit the mid-Atlantic and then up the Eastern seaboard. Driving in Ga. in the snow can be a scarey thing. Lot of people don't know how to deal with the white stuff. My daughter and SIL lived there for about 6 years.[​IMG] Just the Princess and Me today. Kids were supposed to arrive tomorrow with their kids? We'll be getting snow, but they are really waffling about the amount. Last night one prediction was anywhere from 3" to getting "whacked"- new meteorlogical term. Hope your family manages to get together, and a Merry day to all.

5. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Need my sleigh? or are you going car hood surfing?

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Yeah, I had to check the message from the title just to see what it was, figured it was probably something silly! Congrats to your blanket of white Christmas snow. I bet the kids are toooootally loving it! Bundle 'em up, go out and throw snowballs or build a snowman or something--this will be a Christmas y'all won't soon forget.

7. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    There's no snow on the ground here but it just started snowing a little bit ago. I think the grounds too warm for it to stick though.

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Hey rebel, we're starting to get sleet in Hall county. I checked the radar and cant believe all the snow heading our way. I wouldnt mind a little snow but DD and her hubby were gonna try to make it here at 2. They live in Cleveland.

9. rebelcowboysnb

I broke out then 2 wheel drive 3/4th ton suburban an pulled a jeep out of the ditch.. [​IMG]

10. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Woohoo! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by