White crested banty Polish roos - no shipping

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by k0r1nag, Mar 8, 2013.

1. k0r1nag

k0r1nag Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Kelso
    I have three times as many roos as hens and need to thin the flock! This is far less than these birds are worth, but I have simply run out of space. Therefore, I have some lovely breeder quality and possibly show quality roosters who need new homes so I can focus on my goal of breeding blue and splash banty Polish in smooth and frizzle. Therefore I have some white crested black and white crested chocolate boys in need of new homes. Some are a year old. Some are two years old. All are smooth, but may carry the frizzle gene. They may also carry the "blue" or "dun" gene as well, but no guarantees.

These birds have been raised on cracked whole grains and been seasonally dewormed with Wazine and treated with either livestock dust or Frontline (during the months that external parasites are more likely), but have not been vaccinated. I regularly trim beaks, nails and spurs, and would be happy to trim and treat them before sending them home with you if you would like. They have been rotated between cages or in fully enclosed pens with access to grass in order to try to keep their crests in good condition, however a few suffer from "hen-pecked" crests at the moment (no matter how often I tape them up, the girls pull the tape off!). My flock is composed of birds that I originally hatched from eggs by prominent regional breeders and I only hatched eggs last year from the best of my flock.

I have spent a great deal of care on these boys and really want to find these roos a wonderful home where they will be loved and appreciated and TAKEN CARE OF properly. I would really like to find them 4-H or poultry club homes where they can be shown. Most are sweet fellas who will readily hop up on my hand and visit while I am feeding and watering them, so would make great showmanship birds with a bit of training. And I will reduce the price further for kids participating in 4-H.

Here is what I am looking for in terms of homes: Due to the large size of their crests, they do not see well and must be kept FULLY ENCLOSED for their safety. They must be kept out of the mud or their crests load up and they become ill. They do best with narrow waterers that keep their crests from getting wet. They should not be housed with aggressive banties as their eyesight is limited.

Please let me know if you are interested and if you have the right type of home for them. I will try to get some good photos of them posted soon.

And now for the fine print...I am not currently NPIP. I will not ship. I do not currently have any hens, chicks or hatching eggs for sale. These birds have not been shown, but I have shown others from this flock and gotten high marks. However, no guarantees on show worthiness. I have not had any difficulty with fertility in my flock, and some of the older boys were used in my breeding pens last year, but none of the younger boys were, so no guarantee on fertility, either.

And lastly, I am participating in the PNPA Spring show at the Clark Co Fairgrounds, so could bring them with me.

Feel free to reply here or pm me if you have a spot in your flock for one of these fabulous boys.

Korina

2. k0r1nag

k0r1nag Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Kelso
    Forgot to mention I am located in SW Washington state, right off I-5. About 45 minutes north of Portland, Or.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by