White Crested Black Polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Miss Sue, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Miss Sue

Miss Sue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Here is a picture of our newest hen, which we bought at the Springfield, Mass., show yesterday. She's very calm and sweet.

When you order Polish from hatcheries, can they send you just pullets? We might like to get a couple of chicks in the spring.

Susan

[​IMG]

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Ideal, Meyer, Cackle hatcheries only do straight run chicks

Murray McMurrey does have them sexed.

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Miss Sue she is gorgeous! She reminds me of the movies Hello Dolly or The Titanic and the enormous hats that the women wear with all the feathers hanging off of them.

C

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    She is very cute, we have a White crested black polish hen named Doyle, she is a sweetie and loves to be held and have her big ol' head scratched. My polish are actually becoming more friendly then my buff Orps.

5. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Very cute. How does your blue like her?

6. Miss Sue

Miss Sue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the hatchery info and for the nice words about our newest addition. My son named her Lovey. (I keep thinking of Gilligan's Island and Mrs. Howell...)

We have not put the two hens together yet; I'm going to keep them separate for a couple of weeks, probably. Fuzzy the Blue Orpington is VERY curious about her new roommate, though, and wants to check out the cage where we keep Lovey. Fuzzy is a good old girl, and I think they'll be compatible.

Fuzzy has always lots to say, and we get a big kick out of her. We've spoken to her about when she's going to lay her first egg, but she's non-committal. [​IMG]

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by