white crested blue polish chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by xanaxnation, Aug 18, 2010.

1. xanaxnation

xanaxnation Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    i got my babies a few weeks ago and one of them is a white crested blue polish, but all of the chick pics i find show a dark streak down the back. mine is almost entirely white/silver..... no dark markings.. has anyone else had that experience too? shes very cute, i was just curious about the markings... shes the one in the front. im still new to posting pics here so its sideways...sorry for any cramped necks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    maybe shes a self white

3. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    Could it be a splash? I have some splash, and once in a while they will turn out pure white, but most of them have bluish-blackish splotches on them.

4. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    She doesn't look like a blue anything to me... at least, she doesn't look a thing like any of MY blue polish when they were chicks. Definitely looks white. If she had any black or dark splashes on her (even 1 feather) she'd look an awful lot like my white splash.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

my self white had dark leggs at that age . What color is its leggs

6. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    The blue is a diluting gene for black, so not all chicks hatched as "blue" will actually be blue. Some will be black, some will be splash, about half will be blue. I ordered 2 WC blue with my chicks and got one black and one splash. Tho she doesn't have much splashing on her right now; she's mostly white. And the black is a roo, but he's still darned handsome!

7. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Blue in Polish works the same as anything else, you can get blue, black or splash. She looks splash to me.

8. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Looks just like the Splash Polish I have, that was posed to be a White crested Blue. Outta 4, I got 2 WCBlue, 1 WCBlack and the splash.

Here's Snowy, the splash...at 4 weeks
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
  9. xanaxnation

xanaxnation Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    thanks for all of the replies! i agree with you all, she does seem to be a splash. im looking fwd to watching them all feather out and moooove outside! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by