White Crested Blue Polish Questions?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by herechickchick, Mar 25, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Hi all, I would like everyone that has W/C Blue Polish to please post photos and where you got them. I am looking to get some and I would like to see what my options are. If you are a breeder great as I have no problem hatching eggs.

Thanks so much. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I just snapped a few of my chicks from Ideal; I will post them in a bit. They are only two weeks old.

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I have two, they came from Ideal but I purchased them at Atwoods (farm & ranch store). When I get some pics, I'll post them here.

4. BrahmaMama

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Okay, here are my three little ones [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I lost one within the first few days, it looked just like the first one posted, if not the yellow head being more prominent. I will have one replacement coming in May with my other order.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I ordered about five of those and all of them had white creasted and blue bodies. They were cute!

6. BrahmaMama

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Quote:They are such little cuties, aren't they!?

7. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:You got yours from Ideal? I was thinking of getting them from Meyer because they sex them (and I have hatched out a million roos). Anyone know of Meyers Blue Polish.

8. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Parent stock was from MM about 4 years ago. Theses are from that stock that included blues and blacks.

I have found the blues have a lower hatch rate and can be prone to some crooked toes. Not toes that are curled at hatch, but they are not as straight as the WC Blacks.

Baby Boogie and clutch mates. His father is my avatar. Boogie is in the back, he is the only one that looks like he doesn't have a hang over.
    [​IMG]

Boogie around 9 weeks.
    [​IMG]

Boogie's mother on the right. Gabby...she never stops talking. The sun was bright that day, she is medium blue.
    [​IMG]

9. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Good To know. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by