White crested kalij Breeding question.

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by pktuan, Dec 20, 2011.

1. pktuan

pktuan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Hi all,
    I buy 2 pairs white crested kalij as chick and now they are 1 cock and 3 hens. Can they are breed as 1 cock and 3 hens? Or they must 1:1 because I'd read somewhere that they must breed as pair, not trio or quad. Anyone know about that please help me. Thanks a lot.

2. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Quote:If the aviary is large enough, with lots of plantings, enrichment, and space for a bird to escape another aggressive bird, you may be alright. I've had it go both ways with Kalij - some hens just hate the sight the others, yet I've had hens that would get along great.

Some questions that may help you get a better answer: Since you got the birds as chicks, are they siblings? Have they been together this whole time? What type of aviary are they in? Size? Have you noticed any aggression yet?

Dan

3. pktuan

pktuan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Thanks Dan,
    My pens is 2m x 2m x 2m. I'd try to keep they together but not OK. Maybe I'll find 2 cocks for my hens. BTW, do you know someone have White Crested Kalij males for sell? Thanks a lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by