White Crested Polish Rooster Free to Good Home - SE PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Stevida, May 20, 2008.

1. Stevida

Stevida Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    I have a beautiful White Crested Polish rooster "Mickey" I got at auction this past weekend - well the borough ordinances say I can't keep Mickey.

He is the sweetest thing! He will sit in your lap and let you pet him, easy to pick up - my ten year old daughter can handle him without a problem.

We bring Mickey in the house at night - and take him outside during the day to minimize the disturbance to the neighbors. He doesn't crow much, no worse than a dog barking occasionally, but I have a few "stuffy" neighbors that don't approve of chickens, let alone a rooster.

Mickey is free to a good home. I am willing to meet you halfway to deliver him. I am located in West Grove PA on the border of Delaware/Maryland and PA

Thanks
    Davida

2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    I am interested, but curious is he standard size or bantam? I live in MD.(21904) Thanks!!! [​IMG]
    God bless,
    Tracey

3. Stevida

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    I have to admit I am not 100% sure - based on his size I would say bantam. I am new to the chicken world.

I just finished my chicken tractor this past weekend! I have four chicks from Tractor Supply Company in Elkton that we just moved outside, and the male and female Polish we got at auction. My daughter and I had a medium order from My Pet Chicken till my husband put a stop to the fun. He said we could get one or two fancy chickens - I made the mistake of getting a roo.

4. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    We are interested...I live in Port Deposit, MD. Just about 15 minutes from the Elkton Tractor and Supply. E-mail me and let me know where you are located and maybe we can meet up or I can come there. My e-mail is [email protected]

5. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Davida~
    It was SO nice meeting you, your daughter, and your hubby! Mickey is doing wonderful! When I went in this evening to feed, he was letting to girls preen him while he was eating. When I mad my rounds and cam back, he was snuggled in between two hens fast asleep! lol So, he seems to be a happy boy! [​IMG] I'm sure he'll do well here!!!
    God bless,
    Tracey

6. Stevida

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    Tracey:

I can't thank you enough for providing Mickey a great home. You have a wonderful chicken set-up and it's clear all your birds are loved. The way the birds melt into your children's arms like babies is amazing. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. [​IMG] My daughter had an awesome experience with the chickens, ducks and jelly bean. My husband on the other hand is banging his head against the wall begging me not to get carried away. [​IMG]

Does the incubator I bought last night count as getting carried away? [​IMG]

Thanks again!
    Davida

7. P@P@2four

[email protected]@2four Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2008
    Port Deposit, MD
    Davida~
    LOL---I'd say he might take that as, "carried away!" LOL!!! Poor man just wants some peace and quiet...so I guess that means no roosters. [​IMG]

On another note, Mickey is doing SO well!!! I sliced grapes up this afternoon and gave them a few as a treat--he was clucking so loud from excitement! He gobbled them right down--he's really a sweetie pie! My son Logan sat and held him for a long time today and he just let him. [​IMG] My hens just adore him! It's so cute to watch them.

My hubby built a loft today to store feed. And is almost completed the wall caging. We also moved the big brooder pens into the barn, so our chicks are now in there. [​IMG] You'll have to come by and "see it" when you get a chance...and when I say, "see it" that means, "pick up some fertile eggs for your incubator!" LOL [​IMG]
    God bless,
    Tracey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by