White dove releases?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by 4HillsSumatras, Dec 3, 2010.

1. 4HillsSumatras

4HillsSumatras Chillin' With My Peeps

I am thinking about getting into the white dove release busines and have a few questions.#1 are they doves or pigeons#2 how many do i need#3 how much do i charge.Any thing else i should know? Thanks everyone.

2. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Good white racing homers ...not dove. NEED one that can find their way home. Not just any white pigeon. Depend on where you will be taken them....Myself i would keep 4 seperate batch each marked with bands. each batch trained to fly different direction...n,s,e,and w. Train them out to 150 miles. Check in your area see what prople are charging.

Note those cheap white pigeon maybe just a waste of money.....good white racing homers going for 20.00 and up. You buy some good breedrs, which can't be release or they will fly back home. You train their babies.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    There are two people in Salisbury/Lexington that do dove releases. If you want their emails, I can PM them to you [​IMG]

Don't release anything but white homing/racing pigeons.

4. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    For anyone doing white "dove" releases, I just want to thank you. A white homer was released at my uncle's funeral and the symbolism of that bird soaring up into the sky was so moving.

I do not know the man who did the release but but that act was priceless to the family and their friends. It also made me chuckle since my uncle and cousin were/are avid bird hunters.

5. birdmandan

birdmandan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Melbourne SE Suburbs
    Some people do dove releases for let's say $100 for 20 birds. Considering that they are homing pigeons, that is $100 minus petrol money to deliver the birds to the realease point...

6. TN_BIRD

TN_BIRD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    I'd call a few pigeon folks and wedding planners and see what the going rate is. If you don't feel comfortable asking folks in your area, you can always call somebody a few hours away that probably doesn't even do business in your town.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by