White Duck + Mud .. Not Pretty!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chickie Mamma, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Miss Sunshine loves playing in the mud! It just finished pouring here and I just had to share!!
    [​IMG]

A face only a mother could love! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the gang in the mud..
    [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    how cute!!! i love the sassy little look youre getting! [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How cute! For some reason, they seem to really love mud? Mine are the same way. Only thing is, that mud leaves their feathers stained. eewww.

4. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    b.hromada :

How cute! For some reason, they seem to really love mud? Mine are the same way. Only thing is, that mud leaves their feathers stained. eewww.

Its amazing though, once she washes up, she is VERY white again. I just gave her a large tub of warm water, so she will be clean in about an hour. She did give me a "dirty" look when I came out there. I think she knows what the camera looks like now. [​IMG]

5. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:She definately gave me a "sassy" look. [​IMG]

6. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    got to love ducks. I bath mine before i go to 4-H shows and of cores the love mud they are like this [​IMG] one scond and then after you bath them there like this [​IMG]

7. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    Hey, the mud looks better than some of those Easter dyed ducks I see out there! At least mud is natural!!

8. My ducks run around a lot of the time with big clumps of mud stuck to their beaks. [​IMG]

9. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I've got 4 pure white ducks, Rosilee (muscovy) loves her dirt, and is almost always dirty, Big lenny and Maude(pekins) are also usually coated in mud and dirt, and Boris(nother pekin) he has to keep his image of the "sexy duck" as SO calls him, he's ALWAYS so clean compared to Maude or Big Lenny. they're nuts!

ETA: I was just saying earlier today to myself that ducks were always ducks from the minute they hatched, in the baby pen, Jumper and Junna hve already wollowed out a mud hole beside their swimming pool :O

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    She may be muddy, but I bet she's happy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by