White earlobes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by GloriaH, Oct 11, 2007.

1. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I trying to find out what chickens have white earlobes. Check out my post in What breed or gender is this. Under, Guess what?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Almost any chicken that lays white eggs, like the Leghorn or Minorca. Some exceptions to this rule exist, but its generally true.

3. GloriaH

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I'm talking really big earlobes. Like a Brown Leghorn.

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Henderson chicken chart has a pretty good list of breeds. The tell what egg color, earlobe color, leg color basically anything you'd want to know about each breed listed.

Oops...had to fix the link. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  5. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:White-faced Black Spanish and Minorca both can get huge earlobes.Campines have larger earlobes, too.

6. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I dont know the answer to your question, but I want the earlobes on my birds to continually get bigger and bigger. I even like the white face like the spanish have.

7. GloriaH

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    [​IMG]

This is Pooster my Rooster. He is a Game and Fayoumi cross. Just trying to figure out where he got those earlobes from. Could he have something in him I don't know about?

8. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Buttercups have white earlopes
    [​IMG]

9. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Really I have a White-faced Spanish hen you could cross with one of those gorgeous longtails. [​IMG] I have Phoenix and yokohama and just love them.

GloriaH-
    Are you sure it was Fayoumi and not a Silver Campine. Silver Campine and Fayoumi hens look practically alike, except the Fayoumi has red earlobes and where the Campines have white and the Fayoumi are longer legged. A Silver Campine rooster could be mistaken for a Fayoumi, especially if he were young and not filled out yet.

Regardless, he is a gorgeous roo.

10. GloriaH

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I don't think it was a Campine. They seem to be blacker then the Rooster I was given. My Guy had alot of white in his tail and his earlobes were white with red marbeling. Just like Poosters. I'm going to start taking pictures of all my birds at different ages so I can look back to them when I have a question about them. I think this spring when I get my Fayoumi's I'll get some Brown Leghorns and try to breed them to look like this. That way there will be no Game Chickens involved.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by