White easter egger gender?

My white Easter egger is almost 12 weeks. She acts the same as the other chicks but is more friendly. She’s the only one whose gender I wonder about! What do you think?
At 12 weeks for an EE that comb says it all. Along with the tail feathers, I'm leaning towards cockerel. EEs are very sweet and docile chickens. Give it another 1 to 3 months and the roo behavior will start to show up. EEs mature more slowly than other breeds. Females take 6 months before they start to lay eggs.

At 12 weeks for an EE that comb says it all. Along with the tail feathers, I'm leaning towards cockerel. EEs are very sweet and docile chickens. Give it another 1 to 3 months and the roo behavior will start to show up. EEs mature more slowly than other breeds. Females take 6 months before they start to lay eggs.
That’s a pullet comb. This is a cockerel comb, on a cockerel the same age.

C73A96BA-56DA-4B15-A448-70E163BBAAC9.jpeg

And this is a 33 day old cockerel.

DB81B48D-38A3-4694-9B6F-8A59D35DE91D.jpeg

Oh my gosh wow, thank you for posting this. I just learned something new. I've had other people also tell me otherwise, and I appreciate you explaining in words and pictures how the Male vs Female really is. Especially beings I have EE eggs in my incubator due to hatch in a few days. Much needed info, just at the right time too. :)
I’m so happy the article helped! I know these chicks can be tricky! It helps to watch them from day one. So much can be seen in those first few days of life! Sometimes when people post pictures of their EEs I have no clue. I need to know, what did that chick look like at hatching? At one week? I like to compare them as they move around so I can get a good overall picture of them. It’s hard to do sometimes with only one or two pictures, usually with the wings covered up by someone’s hand!

Since you will have new chicks very soon, this will be a great opportunity to practice sexing them! Have fun! Take notes! :)

Back
Top Bottom