White EE = Blue eggs.

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
We have a white EE and a brown one. White one (Hannah) lays a pale blue egg. brown one (Kyle) lays a green one. so I wanted more blue eggs... so I got 2 more white EEs, from ideal, same as Hannah. anyway, one of them laid tonight, and it is Robin's egg blue. no joke. it is so, super, deep blue. I can't even believe it. you think this is a fluke? If i could find something to compare it to, that everyone could understand, regardless of computer color, I'd take a photo... maybe a sheet of printer paper or something...

I have two white EE's and one brown. Sweet Cheeks (white) was the last to lay and it is a very pretty blue; very chalky but it is getting better the more she lays. Opal (white) and Ladyhawk (brown) lay bluish/green eggs...Opal's are long and Ladyhawk's are more roundish. So nice to be able to tell who laid what egg...wish I could do that with the SLW and BO.

That is awesome!!! I get lt. blue/aqua from my black and white (silver falcon) EE... and have yet to see what we get from out copper and black (chipmunk?) one. They both have dark legs - I'm hoping a greeny green like some pictures I've seen...
wink.png

We have an all white EE that was all yellow as a chick. She has dark legs and skin. She lays a blond/ whicker/off white egg. It is fat and round and less pointy then our others.

First of all, i love the look of white EE's. I think they are stunning.
In my opinion i think that most white EE's will lay a blue egg because they are some how related to a white bird(im thinking their might be a leghorn in the picture) and then a white egg layer some how produces a blue egg because of all of those confusing egg genetics and such. SO, i think the white ee/blue egg, has to do with thier ansestors, and how the chicken became white.
haha that was probably really confusing and very inaccurate!!

Well count yourselves lucky...BOTH my EE's lay a BROWN egg! One is wheaten color and the other is darker than the standard chipmunk color. Next time I'll have to get Ameraucanas for my colored layers
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom