White EE. What is the probable cross?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by viktoriacl, Feb 6, 2011.

1. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I have a whit EE with green/grey legs. I'm trying to figure out who is laying my new green eggs. They are big and almost whit speckled. Some more than others. Wonder if its a leghorn. She was late to start laying, if its her, but in laying every day! Any thoughts? The last one to start I think is the buff/orangeish one who is the most vocal and looks most like an EE. She has muffs and a beard. I dont think she is laying yet though. Any idea what that cross color would be?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Wait, are you asking who laid the green egg or something else? Because no doubt, your EE laid the green egg. . . Otherwise I'm not sure what you're asking.

3. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Sorry. No They are all EEs. I am just trying to figure out A.) What the second breed might be that the white EE is mixed with....other than the obvious green laying breed. B.) What the orange ish one might be mixed with.
    C.)If the White EE is the layer does it make sense that her egg would be large and be speckled with white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by